Aubergine Fry or Begun bhaja
Member recipe by tiapaul85
Typical Bengali (East Indian) dish. Best eaten with hot white rice. Non spicy but great tasting mild dish.
- Aubergine(Begun) - 1 medium sized
- Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
- Sugar - 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste.
- Mustard oil for deep frying
- Chop off the stem and cut the aubergine into 2inch roundels.
- Place them on a plate and smear them with the turmeric powder, sugar and salt. Leave it for 10 mins.
- In the meantime, keep the oil in a pan for heating. Ensure it is very hot, smoking hot.
- Then lower the flame and add the aubergine roundels. Fry on both the sides till they are brown.
- Serve it with hot white rice.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…