Member recipe by mbenza
Cheese and ham sandwich with a Mexican twist. Ideal for quick dinners.
- 4 soft wheat or corn tortillas
- 200g cheddar cheese, grated
- 100g Serano or Parma ham
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli pepper, deseeded and chopped
- handful of parsley
- olive oil
- Warm tortillas in the microwave according to the packet instructions, so that they are more bendable and won't break when you fold them.
- Mix the slicked shallot, chopped plum tomatoes, chopped chilli and parsley leaves in a bowl.
- Lay out the thin ham slices on one half of the tortilla, add the mixture of shallots, tomatoes and chilli. Generously sprinkle with the grated cheddar cheese.
- Fold the tortillas in half. Press down to seal.
- Heat up a griddle pan. Lightly brush the folded tortillas with a little bit of olive oil and place them one by one on the pan. Cook for a couple of minutes until crisp and golden, brush the uncooked side with oil, then flip over for another few minutes.
- Cut each tortilla into three triangles, pile up on a plate and serve with tomato salsa, guacamole or vegetable salad.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…