Member recipe by mbenza
Cheese and ham sandwich with a Mexican twist. Ideal for quick dinners.
- 4 soft wheat or corn tortillas
- 200g cheddar cheese, grated
- 100g Serano or Parma ham
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli pepper, deseeded and chopped
- handful of parsley
- olive oil
- Warm tortillas in the microwave according to the packet instructions, so that they are more bendable and won't break when you fold them.
- Mix the slicked shallot, chopped plum tomatoes, chopped chilli and parsley leaves in a bowl.
- Lay out the thin ham slices on one half of the tortilla, add the mixture of shallots, tomatoes and chilli. Generously sprinkle with the grated cheddar cheese.
- Fold the tortillas in half. Press down to seal.
- Heat up a griddle pan. Lightly brush the folded tortillas with a little bit of olive oil and place them one by one on the pan. Cook for a couple of minutes until crisp and golden, brush the uncooked side with oil, then flip over for another few minutes.
- Cut each tortilla into three triangles, pile up on a plate and serve with tomato salsa, guacamole or vegetable salad.