Pancetta and Pea Linguine
Member recipe by chopper74
- 200g Linguine or Spaghetti
- 100g Diced Pancetta
- 4 shallots, finely sliced
- Small glass White Wine
- 150ml Creme Fraiche
- Handful Frozen Peas
- 40g Parmesan, freshly grated
- Black pepper, to taste
- Bring a pan of lightly salted water to the boil and add in the pasta.
- To a preheated, thick bottomed frying pan add the pancetta. Do not add in oil as the pancetta will release oil as it is cooking. Fry until lightly crispy.
- Once the pancetta has cooked through remove it from the pan with a slotted spoon, and place it to one side. Leaving behind the pancetta oil in the pan.
- Add the finely sliced shallots to the pancetta oil and fry until opaque.
- Add the glass of wine to the shallots. You should hear a satisfying sizzle as the wine hits the pan. Reduce the heat so the wine mixture simmers and leave this until the wine has reduced by 2/3rds its original volume.
- Now add in the pancetta, creme fraiche, peas, parmesan (reserving some for the garnish at the end) and a good few grinds of black pepper and stir thoroughly together. Leave the sauce to simmer and thicken slightly, 3-4 minutes. If the sauce over thickens you can thin it down by adding a small spoonful of pasta water.
- Drain the pasta and spoon into warmed pasta dishes. Pour over the sauce as desired or mix the sauce with the pasta and then serve with a sprinkling of the remaining parmesan. Goes well with a lightly dressed green salad. ENJOY!
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…