Pancetta and Pea Linguine
Member recipe by chopper74
- 200g Linguine or Spaghetti
- 100g Diced Pancetta
- 4 shallots, finely sliced
- Small glass White Wine
- 150ml Creme Fraiche
- Handful Frozen Peas
- 40g Parmesan, freshly grated
- Black pepper, to taste
- Bring a pan of lightly salted water to the boil and add in the pasta.
- To a preheated, thick bottomed frying pan add the pancetta. Do not add in oil as the pancetta will release oil as it is cooking. Fry until lightly crispy.
- Once the pancetta has cooked through remove it from the pan with a slotted spoon, and place it to one side. Leaving behind the pancetta oil in the pan.
- Add the finely sliced shallots to the pancetta oil and fry until opaque.
- Add the glass of wine to the shallots. You should hear a satisfying sizzle as the wine hits the pan. Reduce the heat so the wine mixture simmers and leave this until the wine has reduced by 2/3rds its original volume.
- Now add in the pancetta, creme fraiche, peas, parmesan (reserving some for the garnish at the end) and a good few grinds of black pepper and stir thoroughly together. Leave the sauce to simmer and thicken slightly, 3-4 minutes. If the sauce over thickens you can thin it down by adding a small spoonful of pasta water.
- Drain the pasta and spoon into warmed pasta dishes. Pour over the sauce as desired or mix the sauce with the pasta and then serve with a sprinkling of the remaining parmesan. Goes well with a lightly dressed green salad. ENJOY!