Basa filet and garlic potatoes
Member recipe by klmedd
This recipe is very easy and quick. Basa fillets are very cheap to buy and tastes as good as cod/hadock. The basa fillets taste best grilled, or can be oven cooked. The garlic potatoes add that little extra something
- 2 Basa Fish Fillets
- New Potatoes, enough for 2 portions,
- Garlic granuals
- Sprinkle of dried mixed herbs
- For the Pesto
- 2 cups oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, sliced thinly (I bought mine julienne)
- 1 cup shredded fresh Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- Extra-virgin olive oil, as needed
- Preheat the oven to oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 5 Drizzle a little oil into a roasting dish and place in the oven to heat up. After 5 mins add the potatoes, sprinkle over the garlic granuals and mixed herbs and give a little shake to make sure all the potatoes are covered. The potatoes should take 30 mins. Half way through check the potatoes and give a little shake.
- Next we need to make the pesto. Combine tomatoes, cheese, and pine nuts in a food processor and blend until a paste is formed. If the paste is thick add a drizzle of oil.
- Then you need to coat the basa fillets with the paste. Both side and leave to one side. You can do this earlier if you want a more powerful taste. 16 minutes before the potatoes are cooked, put the basa fillets under the grill. Cook for 8 minutes on each side under a medium heat. You can pot up the left over pesto and use at a later date. Once the potatoes and fish have cooked plate up.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…