Creamy Broccoli & Cheese Soup
Member recipe by emmabubble
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 head of broccoli, stalks trimmed and cut into florets
- 1l chicken stock
- 250ml single cream
- 175g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- warm the olive oil in a large soup pot and add the onions. Cook until soft and golden in colour. Add the potatoes and continue to stir for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to the boil. Add the broccoli florets and reduce to simmer.
- Continue to simmer for around 20 minutes or until the potatoes and broccoli are soft.
- Blend until smooth and then stir in the cream. Continue to simmer on a low heat and gradually add the cheddar stirring continuously for around 10 minutes. Season and serve.
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…