Member recipe by brinf002
A great dessert to serve in the summer months and for any special occasions.
- 150g Digestive Biscuits
- 50g Amaretti Biscuits
- 100g Butter, melted
- 300g Blackcurrants
- 2tbsp Blackcurrant Conserve
- 5tbsp Vanilla Sugar (or) Caster Sugar
- 300g White Chocolate
- 250g Mascarpone
- 250g Cream Cheese
- 300ml Double Cream
- You will need:
- 23cm (9in) spring-form cake tin, lightly buttered
- Put the topping ingredients into a pan and heat gently until syrupy. Leave to cool.
- Whizz the biscuits in a food processor to make fine crumbs. Mix with melted butter and then press into the base of the cake tin and smooth with a back of a spoon. Chill in the fridge.
- For the filling, melt the chocolate over a pan of barely simmering water, then leave to cool slightly. In a mixing bowl, beat together the mascarpone, cream cheese, double cream until smooth. Whisk in the chocolate until thick.
- Briefly fold half of the blackcurrant topping into the cream cheese mixture so it makes a ripple effect, but doesn't turn it purple. Spoon into the cake tin and chill in the fridge until set.
- Transfer to cake stand and spoon over the remaining blackcurrant topping allowing the juice to drizzle over the whole cheesecake.
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…