Member recipe by totallyabi99
This is a great pasta recipe which only takes a few minutes to make. You can dry the pasta after making to store.
- 150g Italian '00' flour, plus extra for dusting
- 50g Semolina, plus extra for dusting
- 2 free-range eggs
- Mix the semolina into the flour in a large bowl or on a clean surface.
- Make a dent in the centre a pour the eggs in.
- With your hands, bit by bit, mix the flour with the eggs until it forms a dough. If it is too dry, add a bit of water, if it is too sticky sprinkle on a bit of flour off semolina.
- Knead the dough until it is smooth (roughly five minutes).
- Shape the dough into a ball and wrap it in cling film. Chill in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Flour the pasta machine with semolina and divide the dough into 4 roughly equal pieces. At first on the thickest setting guide one piece at a time through the machine, turning the handle and holding it as it comes out.
- Keep changing the setting on the machine to the next thickest setting, feed the pieces through again. Repeat this around 3-4 more times making the setting thinner each time.
- Once the pasta is fairly thin- you can handle it without tearing- cut into strips and dust with semolina.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…