Pork & red pepper sauce
Member recipe by diana08
- 500g cut of pork(should make about 4-5 medalions)
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- juice of 1 orange
- 2-3cm piece of ginger, grated
- bunch of dill, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2tsp dried basil
- 100ml dry white wine
- salt, black pepper
- For the sauce:
- 150ml double cream
- 2 red peppers
- 1-2tbsp paprika
- 1tbsp flour
- salt, black pepper to taste
- Wash pork and pat dry with kitchen paper. Cut meat in about 2-3cm thick pieces.
- In a medium bowl, place soy sauce, orange juice, basil, black pepper, dill, ginger, garlic and salt to taste. Stiring while slowly pouring in white wine. Add pork medalions to marinade, cover with cling film and keep in a fridge for 2 hours.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry medalions for 8-10 minutes on each side until the meat is brown. After meat is cooked set aside on the plate.
- Make the sauce. Wash and deseed peppers. Finely chop. Fry peppers on the same pan where meat was cooked. Add paprika, salt, black pepper and fry for about 8-10 minutes. Add double cream and bring it to the boil, cook pepper until softened. Slowly add flour to the sauce and bring to the boil again. Cook until sauce thickens.
- Cover medalions with sauce and serve with mixed salad leaves.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…