- 1 tsp olive or rapeseed oil
If you want a light alternative to other cooking oils, rapeseed is a great choice and has…
- 2 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 2cm chunk root ginger, chopped
- 1 stalk lemongrass, bashed
- 1 x 25g pack coriander, leaves and stalks chopped separately
- 2 tbsp red Thai curry paste
- 750ml chicken stock (made with 2 stock cubes)
- 1 small can (160ml) coconut cream
- 500g sweet potato, peeled and roughly chopped
Sweet potatoes have a creamy texture and a sweet-spicy flavour that makes them ideal for savoury…
- 2 skinless chicken breast, sliced
- 1 lime, juice only
The same shape, but smaller than…
- 1 tsp sugar
Honey and syrups made from concentrated fruit juice were the earliest known sweeteners. Today,…
- ½ tsp fish sauce
A seasoning often used in Vietnamese and Thai cooking. In Vietnam it is usually made from shrimp…
- crusty bread, to serve (optional)
Want to see what this recipe costs at different supermarkets? Compare in one place here:
Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the garlic, chilli, ginger, lemongrass, coriander stalks and curry paste and cook for 2 - 3 minutes until the aromas are released.
Add the chicken stock, coconut cream and sweet potatoes and cook for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. Remove the lemongrass and discard. Carefully transfer to a blender and blitz until smooth. If freezing, for best results freeze at this point, otherwise as an easier option freeze complete recipe.
Return to the saucepan, add the chicken and cook gently for 5 - 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Stir through the lime juice, sugar and fish sauce, scatter with the coriander leaves and serve.