Member recipe by dc110303
ServingsServes 1 - 2 Loaves
- 3½cups flour
- 1½ cups sugar
- 4 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 cup stout or beer
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 tbles. spoon melted butter or margarine
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup cherries
- 1 cup raisins, mixed peel, cherries*
- ½ tsp. ground allspice
- pinch of salt
- 1 tblsp. spoon nutmeg
- ½ tblsp. spoon cinnamon
- ½ tblsp. spoon rose water
- ½ tblsp. spoon anise extract
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder, spices and sugar. Mix thoroughly
- and add fruit.
- Make a well in the center of mixture and add melted butter and beaten egg.
- Mix again until like coarse bread crumbs.
- Make another well in center of mixture and add beer or stout.
- Mix the whole thoroughly and turn into well greased baking pans.
- Bake for 1¼ hours at 300° F. Makes two meatloaf pans.
- If desired, press a few whole cherries into the top of each bun.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…