Pear & Maple Upside-Down Cake
Member recipe by superspatula
- 25g butter
- 100g low fat spread
- 4tbsp maple syrup
- 2 medium pears
- 100g light brown soft sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 100g self-raising flour
- 2tsp mixed spice
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas mark 6
- Squidge the butter into the bottom of an 18cm-20cm round cake tin and add the maple syrup
- Core and thinly slice the pears and arrange them in the bottom of the cake tin
- Lightly cream the low fat spread and sugar until light and smooth and add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each adddition.
- Add the flour and mixed spice until the mixture is smooth.
- Spoon evenly into the tin and bake in the oven for 30-35mins until the sponge springs back when lightly pressed
- Leave to cool in the tin for at least 15 minutes. After cooling, run a spatula round the edge of the tin and turn the cake out onto a plate.
- Slice into 6 portions and serve with cream or ice cream.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…