Tomato and coconut soup
Member recipe by ajctracey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1 large tin plum tomatoes (whole or chopped)
- 100 g dessicated coconut
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger
- 2 bay leaves
- either 1 low-fat chicken stock cube and 500 ml water or 500 ml chicken stock, fat removed
- 200 ml coconut milk, for serving
- Put all the ingredients in a pressure-cooker (or in a pan with a well-fitting lid).
- Close the lid on the pressure cooker and bring up to a low pressure. Cook for about 15 minutes. If not using a pressure cooker, bring to the boil and simmer for about 1/2 hour.
- Remove the bayleaves and blend the soup thorougly using an electric blender. Taste, and adjust seasoning - add some coconut milk at this stage if it is too spicy for your taste.
- Re-heat gently and serve with a swirl of coconut milk.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…