puff pastry galore!
Member recipe by emmanichols99
An easy but tasty dinner. A ready made puff pastry roll topped with beef, caramelized onions, feta cheese, tomato puree, rocket and balsamic vinegar.
- FOR THE PASTRY
- ready made puff pastry
- FOR THE TOPPING
- brown sugar ( small sprinkle)
- 2 small red onions
- greek feta cheese ( enough to cover base )
- thinly sliced beef
- tomato puree ( enough to cover base lightly)
- rocket (handful)
- drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- Place large piece of tin foil in a tray. Place ready made pastry on the tray.
- Roll up the edges of the pastry to create a raised edging. Cover these edges with the tin foil.
- Spread the tomato puree over the base ( light covering). Then crumble the feta cheese over the tomato puree.
- Preheat oven for 10 mins at 200C.
- Place the tray in the center of the oven, cook until feta cheese becomes soft and slightily brown. (making sure the edges of the pastry are well coverd with tin foil).
- Whilst this is cooking. Place a small knob of butter in a frying pan over a medium heat. Once this has melted add the onions. Sprinkle some brown sugar over and cook until soft and dark in colour.
- Take the pastry out of the oven. Place the onions and beef on top of the pastry. Take away the tin foil from the edges of the pastry and put back in the oven for about another 15 mins or until the pastry becomes golden.
- Take the pastry out once cooked. sprinkle rocket over and drizzle some balsamic vinegar across.
- Cut & serve.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…