Turkey, leek and ham pie
Member recipe by tweety_anja
- Butter, for frying
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, sliced into lozenges
- 2 large leeks, sliced into 2 cm pieces
- 200ml double cream
- 200ml chicken or turkey stock
- 500g cooked turkey, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 200g cooked ham, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 10 button mushrooms, halved
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped tarragon
- Thyme leaves
- Salt and black pepper
- 225g puff pastry
- 1 free range egg, beaten, for glazing
- 2 tbsp Parmesan, finely grated
- Preheat the oven to 200C/ Gas 6. Heat a large pan over a medium heat. Add a knob of butter and saute the onion, carrots and leeks for 5 minutes until the carrots start to soften.
- Cover with the cream and stock and simmer until starts to thicken. Finish by adding the turkey, ham, mushrooms, cayenne and herbs. Season to taste.
- Take off the heat and pour into a ceramic pie dish. Roll out enough pastry to cover the dish and cut a strip to edge the rim of the dish. Press down firmly and seal all around. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with Parmesan. Cook until golden
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…