Nutty Choco Tart
Member recipe by emmabridgewater
The perfect ending to a Christmas dinner or a Special Occasion meal.
- FOR CRUST
- 225g flour quantity short-crust pastry
- FOR FILLING
- 200g peacan nuts, roughly chopped
- 85g dark chocolate, also roughly chopped
- 2 eggs
- 115g caster sugar
- 30g unsalted butter
- 55g golden syrup
- 55g clear honey
- icing sugar for decoration
- Heat oven to 200c/ 400f/ gas mark 6.
- Roll out the pastry, line a 23cm/ 9inch trt tin. Chill for 20 minutes. Then blind bake. Allow pastry crust to cool. reduce oven temperature to 170c/ 325/ gas mark 3.
- Put peacan nuts and chopped chocolate into centre of crust and spread out evenly. Mix eggs, sugar, syrup honey and butter together. Pour evenly over the chocolate and nuts.
- place on a baking sheet in centre of oven for 40-45 minutes, until the filling is just set.
- When the top is firm and the edge of the crust is a golden colour, remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with simple vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. (WARNING: DO NOT eat if allergic to NUTS!!!)
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…