Honey Mustard Sprouts
Member recipe by leedaly100
Cooking sprouts in stock rather than water gives them a mellow flavour, here matched with tangy seasonings that work with steak, pork and poultry
- 500 g brussels sprouts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- Trim the brussels sprouts and cut each one in half.
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the sprouts and fry for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, carefully pour in the vegetable stock then stir in the mustard and some salt and pepper.
- Return the pan to the heat and bring to the boil. Simmer uncovered for 3-4 minutes, until the sprouts are tender.
- Stir in the honey and serve immediately.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…