Greek lamb stew.
Member recipe by margocarmichael
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 700g cubed lamb
- 1 large onion
- 1 bulb of garlic broken into single cloves
- 1tbsp dried oregano
- 1 aubergine cubed
- 1 bay leaf
- 300ml lamb or vegetable stock
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 4oog tin chick peas
- 50g sultanas
- for the topping
- 200g feta chesse crumbled
- 2-3tbsp mint or coriander
- preheat the oven to 190 deg (fan 170).Heat the oil in a large casserole and rown the lamb until golden.Removefrom the dish and set aside.Add the chopped onion,to the casserole and cook until it begins to soften.Stir in the garlic cloves,oregano,and aubergine cubes and cook for 3-4 minutes until golden.
- Return the lamb to the casserole along with the juices.Add the bay leaf,lamb stock,chopped tomatoes,chickpeas and sultanas. Cover and cook for 1-1/2 hours or until the lamb is cooked and tender.
- Mix together the crumbled feta and mint into a bowl.Serve the casserole with couscous and pass aroungd the bowl of feta to sprinkle on top.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…