Member recipe by sweetunique
- 750g/1lb 10oz lean minced lamb or beef
- 175g/6oz sausage meat
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 oz pck sage & onion stuffing
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 heaped tablespoon tomato puree
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 beef oxo cube
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- To line the loaf tin;
- 5 rashes rindless streaky bacon/sliced mushrooms or tomatoes
- Heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas4.
- Place all the ingredients (apart from your choice of ingredient to line the tin) in a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly - it s best to use your hands here.
- Transfer the mix to a lightly greased 900g/2lb loaf tin and pat down until level. If lining the with streaky bacon (leave it hanging over the edge of the loaf tin) fill with the meat mixture and the bring the flaps of bacon over to partly cover the loaf and cook!.
- Cover the top of the mixture with an oiled piece of greaseproof paper or baking foil.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour 30 minutes or until the meatloaf is cooked through. (Remove the paper 15 minutes before the end of cooking).
- Serve with mashed potatoes or new potatoes & veg.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…