Member recipe by sweetunique
- 1 mug Self Raising Flour
- 1/2 mug Sweetner Sugar
- 1 mug Semi-skimmed milk
- 1 mug Wheat or 5 wheatabix (crumbled)
- 1 mug Saltanas
- 1 teaspoons mixed spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- In a mixing bowl mix wheat, saltanas and sugar. Stir in milk, cover and leave to soak for at least 1hr - 2hrs.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and mixed spice, stir well. The mixture will be quick thick and sticky.
- Transfer mixture to well greased loaf tin.
- Place in a moderate oven 150-160C for 1hr - 1hr 15mins. check with skewer to ensure cooked.
- (Tip: half way through cooking time, cover with foil to prevent over browning)
- Allow to cool for 5mins before turning out of tin and onto a baking tray.
- This cake is a lovely lower fat alternative to fruit cake. Its wonderful sliced warm with low fat spread/butter.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…