Luxury Mince Pies
Member recipe by sweetunique
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Pies
- Buttery Shortbread Pastry Dough;
- 18 oz. allpurpose flour
- 14 oz. chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pcs
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 Tbs. granulated sugar
- 2 Tbs. chilled heavy cream
- 4 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. table salt
- Pie Filling;
- 280g. (half jar) Sweet Mincemeat
- 1 tbsp. Brandy
- Buttery Shortbread Pastry Dough; In a food processor, combine the flour, butter, egg, sugar, cream, lemon juice, and salt and pulse until the dough starts gathering together in big clumps.
- Turn the dough out onto a counter and gather it together. Shape the dough into 12 walnut size balls press/spread them into the greased fairy tin sections.
- With the remaining dough, role out and cut out large christmas tree and/or star shapes for the lids.
- Pie Filling; Mix the mincemeat with the brandy. Spoon the mincemeat into the pastry cases (around 1tsp per tart)
- Top the pies with their lids. Brush to star tops with beaten egg.
- Bake for 20mins in pre-heated oven 160C
- Cool on wire rack and dust lighty with icing sugar.
- Best served warm with thick cream
- Storage; You can freeze the baked minced pies (before dusting) for upto 6wks in a rigid container so they dont get crushed. Double layers should be seperated with baking paper so as not to stick.
- Alternatively; You can freeze the unbaked dough. Thaw in fridge before baking.
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…