Christmas Zingy Mincemeat
Member recipe by acharge1
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Litre
- 110ml Rum
- 260g Raisins
- 390g Sultanas
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon and 1/2 Orange
- Zest of 1 Lemon and 1 Orange
- 200g Shredded Vegetable Suet
- 260g Dark Brown Sugar
- 90g Mixed Peel
- 50g Blanched Almonds - chopped
- 50g Dried Cranberries (optional)
- 1 Cooking Apple
- Put the raisins and sultanas in a large bowl and pour in the rum and lemon juice. Mix very well ensuring all fruit is soaked, then cover with clingfilm and leave for 1hr 15mins until plump.
- Once soaked drain the fruit and tip into a bowl keeping the rum mix to one side. Then add to the fruit the Zest, Suet and Sugar and mix well. Add the mixed peel, almonds and cranberries and mix again. Then squeeze over the orange juice and pour the remaining rum mix over. Mix well.
- Spoon into sterilised jars, and ensure the mixture is packed down well so as not to trap any air. Cover and seal. The mixture will keep roughly 6 months if kept in a fridge.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…