Member recipe by gooseberries
- 200g mushrooms
- 4 onions, chopped
- Approx. 25g butter
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 splashes of oil
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Litre of vegetable stock
- Large pinch of sage
- 310g risotto rice
- 20g parmesan
- 1 small glass of white wine
- Pour a generous splash of olive oil into a frying pan. Add the onions, sugar and salt. Fry them for 25 minutes or until brown, soft and sweet, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, add a generous splash of olive oil, the butter and the garlic to the pan. When the butter's melted add the chopped mushrooms and coat in the oil. Leave them to fry on a low heat, stirring occasionally.
- When the onions look ready add the rice and coat in the oil that is already in the pan. Pour in the wine. Add the stock little by little, only adding more when the previous splash has evaporated, until the stock is gone. If the rice isn't al dente yet, continue to add boiling water. This should take about 20 minutes.
- Add the sage and parmesan and stir them into the rice and onion mixture. Stir in the mushrooms, take off the heat and serve.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…