Lemon syrup loaf
Member recipe by annabelroderick
ServingsServes 1 - 8 Slices
- For the cake:
- 125g/4oz unsalted butter
- 175g/6oz caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- zest of 1 lemon
- 175g/6oz self-raising flour
- pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp milk
- For the syrup:
- Juice of 1 1/2 lemons (4 tbsp)
- 100g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 c . Butter a tin and line with greaseproof paper.
- Cream together butter,sugar,eggs and lemon zest. Beat well. Add flour and salt then gently fold together.
- Pour into loaf tin, bake for 45 mins or until golden.
- For the syrup: put the lemon juice and icing sugar into a small saucepan and heat gently so sugar dissolves.
- When the loaf is cooked, puncture with a skewer about 20 times and pour syrup, over loaf. Leave to soak then cut into slices and eat!
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…