- 2 whole egg and 3 egg whites
The ultimate convenience food, eggs are powerhouses of nutrition, packed with protein and a…
- 1 tsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 spring onion, white and green parts kept separate and finely chopped
Also known as scallions or green onions, spring onions are in fact very young onions, harvested…
- few slices wafer-thin extra-lean ham, shredded
- 25g reduced-fat mature cheddar
- wholemeal toast, to serve (optional)
- 1-2 chopped fresh tomatoes, to serve (optional)
A member of the nightshade family (along with aubergines, peppers and chillies), tomatoes are in…
Want to see what this recipe costs at different supermarkets? Compare in one place here:
Mix the eggs and egg whites with some seasoning and set aside. Heat the oil in a medium non-stick frying pan and cook the pepper for 3-4 mins. Throw in the white parts of the spring onions and cook for 1 min more. Pour in the eggs and cook over a medium heat until almost completely set.
Sprinkle on the ham and cheese and continue cooking until just set in the centre, or flash it under a hot grill if you like it more well done. Serve straight from the pan with the green part of the spring onion sprinkled on top, the chopped tomato and some wholemeal toast.