Member recipe by sophieredican
A refreshing rhubarb sorbet that keeps well in the freezer - a great way of using up rhubarb if you've grown too much!
- 500g rhubarb
- 225g caster sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 150ml water
- Wash, trim and cut the rhubarb into 1 inch chunks.
- Place rhubarb, sugar, lemon juice and water in a pan and gently cook until soft, around 15-20 minutes.
- Allow rhubarb to cool then blend mixture in a liquidizer until smooth.
- Freeze in an air tight container stirring every hour to prevent ice crystals forming until set, around 4-6 hours. Alternatively use an ice cream maker to churn then store in an air tight container and freeze for around 4 hours until set.
- Lovely served with baked bananas, a nutty cake (especially pistachios) or on its own!
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…