Member recipe by saza36
A slight twist on the usual dauphinoise potatoes by including onions in the recipe.
- 700g of Potatoes
- 1 Onion
- 400ml of Single Cream
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- Selection of Fresh Herbs
- 50g of Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C / 180C Fan / Gas Mark 5. Grease the dish you will be cooking in.
- Peel potatoes and slice to roughly the thickness of a pound coin.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Crush the garlic and finely chop the herbs and mix in with the cream.
- Layer the potatoes on the bottom of the dish you will cook them in and pour a small amount of cream over them.
- Sprinkle some of the onion on top of the potato and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 until all the potato and onion is gone then pour the remainder of the cream on top.
- When ready to cook, place in the oven for approximately 1 hour or until the top is crisp and golden assuring that the potato is cooked thoroughly.
- Serve and enjoy!
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…