Low fat CHristmas Pudding
Member recipe by oldbinky
Stolen from http://www.rosemaryconley.com/content/recipes/low-fat-christmas-pudding-with-brandy-sauce.htm
- * 75g (3oz) currants
- * 75g (3oz) sultanas
- * 115g (4oz) raisins
- * 75g (3oz) cherries
- * 75g (3oz) plain flour
- * 1tsp mixed spice
- * ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- * 50g (2oz) fresh breadcrumbs
- * 50g (2oz) brown sugar
- * 2 teaspoons gravy browning
- * grated zest of ½ lemon and orange
- * 115g (4oz) grated apple
- * 115g (4oz) grated carrot
- * 4tbsp brandy, rum or beer
- * 1tbsp lemon juice
- * 4tbsps skimmed milk
- * 2 eggs beaten
- * 2tbsp molasses or cane sugar syrup
- * 4tbsps brandy or rum for reheating
- Combine all the dry ingredients and wet ingredients in 2 separate bowls
- Mix together, adding the beaten egg, until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a 1 litre (2lb) pudding basin or glass bowl and cover with aluminium foil if steaming (not if micro waving).
- Place in a steamer, cover and cook for 3 hours. For microwave cooking, after filling the basin, cover with an upturned plate and microwave on high power for 5 minutes. Leave to stand for 5 minutes, then microwave for a further 5 minutes
- To reheat, steam for 1-2 hours or microwave for 10 minutes
- When cooked, run a knife around the edge of the basin, turn out onto a serving plate and drizzle with brandy or rum.
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…