Member recipe by vickyram
Deliciously cheesecake with blueberries on top. Is so moist and delicious texture!
- 200g (7oz) digestive biscuits, crushed
- 75g (3oz) butter, melted
- 500g (1lb 2oz) medium-fat soft cheese
- 175g (6oz) caster sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 300ml (1/2pt) soured cream
- 40ml (11/2tbsp) cornflour
- For the blueberry topping:
- 50g (2oz) caster sugar
- 100g (4oz) blueberries
- 5ml (1tsp) arrowroot
- Preheat the oven to 160C, 300F or gas 2. Mix together the crushed biscuits and melted butter, and press into the base of a lightly greased 20cm (8in) spring-form cake tin. Chill in the fridge while making the filling.
- Beat the soft cheese and sugar together, then beat in the eggs and lemon juice. Fold in the soured cream and cornflour. Pour over the biscuit base.
- Bake for 1.5 hrs until the filling is just set. Turn off the heat and leave the cheesecake in the oven until cold.
- To make the topping: place 150ml (1/4pt) water in a pan with the sugar. Heat gently until the sugar has dissolved, then add the blueberries and simmer for 5-6 mins. Blend the arrowroot with 15ml (1tbsp) water and stir into the pan. Cook for a further minute, stirring until just thickened. Leave to cool.
- Spoon the blueberries and sauce over the cheesecake just before you're ready to serve.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…