Cold Meat Pizza
Member recipe by jordangenevieve
- *** You can buy 200g ready-made pizza dough or make your own ***
- 45ml olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 can chopped tomatoes (400g)
- 200ml red wine
- 100g salami
- 100g ham
- 200g mozzarella, sliced in circles
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 220C. Heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the onions and garlic till light brown.
- Add the wine and tomatoes to the pan. Lower the heat and kook slowly for 10 minutes.
- Roll the dough out onto a table sprinkled with flour until about 1cm thick. Place on a baking tray that is smeared out with butter.
- Take the tomato sauce of the heat and spread it across the pizza base. Place salami and ham on top and add the mozzarella slices last. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden-brown. Serve warm with basil or rocket leaves.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…