Low Fat Chicken Curry
Member recipe by martinwright
- Onion 2
- Garlic 2 cloves
- Birds Eye Chilli 2
- Ginger 4cm
- Chicken breasts or thighs 500g
- Fat Free Yoghurt 4 tbsp
- Ground Cumin 1 tsp
- Ground Coriander 1 tsp
- Turmeric 0.5 tsp
- Salt 2 tsp
- Garam Masala 0.5 tsp
- Chopped Tomatoes 2 tins
- Vegetable Oil 1 tsp
- Plus you'll need a food processor or blender
- Peel the onion, garlic and ginger and take the top off the chilli. It's up to you if you want to include the chilli seeds. Chuck the lot into the blender and whizz until finely chopped. Put half of the mixture in a bowl and mix in the yoghurt. Cube the chicken and add to the yoghurt mix. Allow to marinate for at least thirty seven and a half minutes.
- In a decent saucepan, fry the remaining mixture in a bit of oil for about three minutes then add all of the spices and salt. In the blender, whizz the toms then lob them in the pan and cook on v low heat for about half an hour.
- Add the chicken and yoghurt mix to the pan, stir and cover. Cook for about forty minutes. Serve with rice. And naan. Lots of naan. In fact, forget the curry, just eat lots of naan...
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…