Egg Fried Rice
Member recipe by retro75
Nicked from http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/eggfriedrice_89260 Put into my binder for quick reference.
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 3 free-range eggs, beaten
- 400g/14oz cooked jasmine rice, chilled until completely cold
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- dash toasted sesame oil
- pinch ground white pepper
- 1 large spring onion, finely sliced
- Preparation method Heat a wok until smoking and add half the groundnut oil, then add the eggs and scramble for 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer the scrambled eggs to a warm plate and set aside. Wipe away the excess oil from the wok.
- Reheat the wok and add the remaining groundnut oil.
- Add the cooked rice and stir well to break up the grains, then add the tomatoes and stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Return the egg to the wok with the rice and tomatoes and season, to taste, with the soy sauce, sesame oil and white pepper. Stir in the sliced spring onion.
- Pile the rice onto a plate and serve immediately.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…