Hearty Butternut Soup
Member recipe by laura_abbott01
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1tsp oil
- 800g peeled & chopped Butternut Squash
- 900ml vegetable stock
- 1sp chilli flakes
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained
- 50g dried red lentils cooked according to pack and drained
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Put the oil in a large saucepan or casserole dish and fry off the onion and garlic.
- Add the chopped butternut squash and vegetable stock. Season with the chilli flakes and bring to the boil.
- Simmer the pan for 20 minutes until the butternut is tender.
- Once cooked, blend the soup to a smooth consistency in a food processor.
- Once back in the pan, add the chickpeas and lentils and warm through. Taste the soup to season and add salt and pepper as required.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…