Member recipe by meghang95
ServingsServes 1 - 10 Slices
Golden Loaf stuffed with Sage & Onion Sausage stuffing, glased with Caramelized Onions.
- 250g strong bread flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 sachet dried yeast
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 150ml lukewarm water
- 4 sausages
- 1 Onion
- 1 Pot of Ready made caramelized onions
- 2 slices Bread (white or wholemeal)
- 1tbsp Sage
- Pinch of salt & ground pepper
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Preheat your oven to ...... Prepare your ingredients by dicing your onion into small cubes, weighing out your flour and water and the sugar. This will make the steps easier and less confusing throughout the recipe.
- Taking a medium sized mixing bowl, add the strong bread flour to the bowl, along with the yeast and the sunflower oil.
- Using a fork, dig out a whole in the middle of the mixture and fill it with the lukewarm water.
- Again using the fork, stir all of the ingredients that are currently in the mixing bowl, until a sticky solid dough is formed.
- Empty the dough onto a clean & slightly floured surface and with your hands, gather all the dough together and kneed by stretching it until elasticated. You should be able to feel the muscles in your arms working.
- After about 15 minutes, place your dough back into the mixing bowl and with a nice slice a cross on the surface of the dough. Set a timer for the dough to prove for (at least) 1 hour.
- Whilst the dough is proving, take your four sausages and with a knife, gently slice the skin on the top so that you are able to peel off the skin. Once you have done so to all four sausaged, put them in another mixing bowl and with a fork, mash them into a paste.
- Using a food blender, blend the 2 slices of bread untill you are left with small crumbs. Add the breadcrums to the sausage meat with the chopped onion and also the sage and salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon until it combined, then using your hands, gather all the meat from around the bowl and form into a ball.
- Once your bread has been left to prove for 1 hour, empty it back onto your clean surface and using a rolling pin, shape into a long rectangle of about 30x25cm and using your hands, form a long cuboid of sausage meat up the middle of the dough and pull either sides of the dough over the top until you can no longer see the meat.
- Glaze with Caramelized onions and cook for 20 to 30 minutes (20 recommended). Leave to cool for 15 minutes then eat and enjoy!
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…