Member recipe by mirasaroj
- 1 Medium size cabbage - washed and shredded
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 1tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 2tbsp Olive oil
- 2tbsp fresh green coriander - chopped
- Heat the oil in a pan
- When hot add cumin seeds and mustard seeds. let them sizzle for 2 seconds
- Add the cabbage, turmeric, red chilli powder and salt mix well.
- Cook over moderate heat for about 6-8 minutes. Add the lemon juice, cover and cook until cabbage is soft.
- Uncover and cook over high heat until all the moisture has dried. Serve hot with Paratha or Naan bread
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…