Penne with beet greens
Member recipe by ranya1970
- 300 - 400 g penne
- 15 - 20 beet leaves
- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 100 g ham
- 40 g Parmesan
- 2-3 table spoon olive oil
- salt, pepper
- Cook penne in a pasta pot of well-salted water until al dente. Reserve 1/3 cup cooking water and drain pasta.
- Rinse the beet leaves and chop roughly. Peel and chop the onion and the garlic cloves. Chop the ham. Grate the Parmesan.
- Heat skillet over medium heat and warm the oliven oil. Cook the chopped ham in oil in the skillet, stirring occasionally, 6 - 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the chopped onion and the chopped garlic to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add the chopped beet greens and cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add the penne and the reserved cooking water and mix well. Add the cooked ham and mix well. Season and stir in the most of the grated Parmesan.
- Divide pasta among the bowls. Sprinkle with the rest of the grated parmesan and serve.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…