Member recipe by lisawalsh
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large/3 small courgettes cut into slices then halved
- 1 pack smoked bacon cut into lardons
- 2 tsp thyme dried or fresh
- 1 tsp pepper
- 150ml double cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 500g penne pasta
- 2 tbsp parmasan cheese
- crusty bread to serve
- fry bacon in oil till crispy, boil water for pasta,
- add courgettes fry for 3 min add pepper and thyme fry until courgettes are soft, take off heat and leave while you cook the pasta.
- in a bowl whisk together cream, eggs and parmasan cheese
- add cooked pasta to bacon and courgette mixture add cream mixture and mix it all together.
- serve in warm pasta bowls with lots of crusty bread.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…