Simple Club Med Curry
Member recipe by the_edventure
A simple flavoursome curry that I learnt whilst staying at Club Med in Cherating, Malaysia.
- Cubed chicken 2000g
- Cinnamon 1 inch
- Onion 100g
- Ginger 30 grams
- Oil 30g
- Curry leaves 2g
- Tomato 100g
- Garlic 50g
- Lemongrass 2 sticks
- Screw pine leaves 2 leaves [optional]
- Fennel seed 5g
- Cumin 5g
- Cloves, cardamom, star anis 1g
- Turmeric 1 tsp
- Chili powder 2 tsps
- Curry powder 5tsps
- Milk / Coconut milk 50g or as required
- Fry all of the ingredients in [A] from chicken to the star anise until the oil splits, lower the heat, add [B] ingredients and mix well forming a paste.
- Put in chicken and mix well, cover and cook on low heat for 10 mins.
- After this, remove cover and stir. There will be a thick gravy when you open the pot, add water to your desired gravy thickness.
- Add milk/coconut milk and let it cook for another 10mins.
- Remove the prepared chicken and let it rest for another 10-15 mins before serving
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…