Caribbean Curried Goat
Member recipe by Mjoy03
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1kg Goat Shoulder- cut up into small pieces, on the bone (Lamb can also be used)
- 3 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 tbsp Grated Ginger
- 1 tbsp Sweet Paprika
- 6 Green Cardamom Pods
- 6-8 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp Hot Pepper sauce
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2-3 large Onions, chopped into chunks
- half Green Pepper, cut into chunks
- half Yellow Pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 Red Pepper , cut into chunks
- 3 sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 1 or 2 Lamb stock cubes
- 1 tbsp Molasses sugar
- 1 tbsp Tomato puree
- 1 inch Cube of Coconut cream
- Salt and Pepper
- Coat the goat in the lime juice and put into a large bowl/container.
- Season the meat with the curry powder, ginger, paprika, cardamom pods, garlic, thyme and pepper sauce. Rub into the meat.
- Add the onions and peppers and stir with the seasoned meat.
- Cover and marinade overnight in the fridge.
- Heat the oil in a large pan . Add the marinated meat with the vegetables and gently saute for a few minutes
- Cover and leave on a low heat stirring occasionally until the meat has produced some liquid and browned.
- Add enough water to cover the meat (about 3 inches above the meat) and crumble in the stock cubes . Add the molasses, tomato puree, salt, pepper, coconut cream and mix in.
- Cover and leave on a low heat to cook, stirring occasionally for about 1-2 hrs or until the meat is tender (add water in small amounts if drying out). Can be frozen in an airtight container