Caribbean Curried Goat
Member recipe by Mjoy03
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1kg Goat Shoulder- cut up into small pieces, on the bone (Lamb can also be used)
- 3 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 tbsp Grated Ginger
- 1 tbsp Sweet Paprika
- 6 Green Cardamom Pods
- 6-8 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp Hot Pepper sauce
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2-3 large Onions, chopped into chunks
- half Green Pepper, cut into chunks
- half Yellow Pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 Red Pepper , cut into chunks
- 3 sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 1 or 2 Lamb stock cubes
- 1 tbsp Molasses sugar
- 1 tbsp Tomato puree
- 1 inch Cube of Coconut cream
- Salt and Pepper
- Coat the goat in the lime juice and put into a large bowl/container.
- Season the meat with the curry powder, ginger, paprika, cardamom pods, garlic, thyme and pepper sauce. Rub into the meat.
- Add the onions and peppers and stir with the seasoned meat.
- Cover and marinade overnight in the fridge.
- Heat the oil in a large pan . Add the marinated meat with the vegetables and gently saute for a few minutes
- Cover and leave on a low heat stirring occasionally until the meat has produced some liquid and browned.
- Add enough water to cover the meat (about 3 inches above the meat) and crumble in the stock cubes . Add the molasses, tomato puree, salt, pepper, coconut cream and mix in.
- Cover and leave on a low heat to cook, stirring occasionally for about 1-2 hrs or until the meat is tender (add water in small amounts if drying out). Can be frozen in an airtight container
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…