Member recipe by lovelessons
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Cakes
This works well with most types of cupcakes , use this to top chocolate cupcakes if your not a chocolate lover. I use vanilla bean paste for this recipie as it gives a better flavour and you have lovely black speckles in the frosting at the end . Double this recipie for a 20cm cake
- 250g icing sugar,sifted
- 80g unsalted butter ( room temperature)
- 25ml whole milk
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla paste or a couple of drops of vanilla extract
- Beat the icing sugar and butter together in free standing electric mixer with a paddle attachment (or use a hand held electric whisk) on medium-slow speed until the mixture comes together and is well mixed.
- Turn the mixer down to speed.Combine the milk egg and vanilla bean paste/vanilla extract in a seperate bowl ,then add a couple of teaspoons at a time .
- Once all the milk has been incorperated, turn the mixer up to high speed.Continue beating until the frosting is light and fluffy , at least 5 minutes .The longer the frosting is beaten , the fluffier and lighter it becomes.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…