Home Made Beef Burgers
Member recipe by JAYv2
- 500g lean minced beef
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 egg
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- Heat up the oil in a frying pan and add the diced onions.
- Reduce down the heat and let the onions sweat slowly, adding in the garlic to ensure it doesn't burn and become bitter.
- Add the beef to a mixing bowl and break up with your fingers.
- Tip in the onions and garlic, once cooled slightly and mix together thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper and the dijon mustard.
- Pour in the egg and ensure that it has been mixed right the way through the beef and onions.
- Seperate the mixture into 4 portions and start moulding using your hands into burgers. Create a depression in the centre, this will ensure the burgers cook evenly and flat. Place in the fridge to chilled and stiffen.
- Once chilled and with the barbeque lit and the coals simmered down, place the burgers on the BBQ.
- Ensure that each side has sealed, if not they'll fall apart when you lift them off. Turn them over until cooked through or to the desired pinkness in the centre.
- Serve on crusty ciabatta with fresh watercress or leafy salad and enjoy. These can be frozen and defrosted for use later on.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…