Spanish Chicken Stew
Member recipe by colin_zeal
- 450g skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 red onion - chopped
- 2 carrots (or 1 big) - chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - chopped
- 1 red pepper - de seeded and sliced
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp fennel seeds - bashed in a pestle and mortar
- 1 tsp hot paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 200ml chicken stock - (made with a cube)
- handful of pitted green olives - roughly chopped
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Marinate chicken in 1 1/2 tsp Sweet paprika, seasoning and a splash of olive oil. Leave for an hour, or longer if possible.
- Preheat oven to 190 C, then heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a casserole or tagine.
- Fry chicken for a couple of minutes each side until browned then remove.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrot and fry on a medium heat for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the red pepper and remaining spices, stir fry for 1 minute then return chicken to the pan.
- Add the tomatoes, dried spices, stock and sherry vinegar then bring to the boil, season, then cover and put in the oven for 1 hour until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the chopped olives and stir through. Serve with couscous.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…