Member recipe by tonytrigg
- 4 tsps oil
- some mustard seeds
- 1 onion chopped
- a couple of chilles chopped
- a handful of chopped ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic
- garam masala
- turmeric powder
- pinch of salt
- 5 fresh tomtoes chopped
- about 6 little potatoes, boiled and quartered
- Heat the oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and the onions and fry until browned.
- Add the garlic and ginger fry for about 15 minutes or until brown on a medium heat.
- Add the tomatoes and chillies and continue to fry 2-3 minutes
- Add the salt, turmeric powder, and garam masala. stir for about 1-3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, Fry for about 2 minutes until the potatoes are smothered in the mixture and have crispy edges. They will look quite yellow in colour if you have done it right. add a very little water 2 tsps. so it doesn't stick.
- Cover the pan and on a low heat, cook the potatoes for a further 5 - 7 minutes. When cooked serve with rice or as a side dish .......
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…