Member recipe by dinorocker
- 30ml oil
- 30ml soft brown sugar
- 700g pork fillet cubed (or thinly slice if preferred, cut off any fat)
- 5ml allspice
- 5ml thyme
- 1 large/2 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 15ml white wine vinegar
- 150g creamed coconut
- 300ml water
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green (bell) pepper, sliced (half green and half red add colour)
- juice of half lime
- 300g rice
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the sugar and heat until caramelized. Add the pork and fry until browned.
- Add the allspice and thyme, cover and simmer for ten minutes.
- Stir in the onion, garlic, white wine vinegar, coconut and water until well mixed, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Cook the rice
- add the mushrooms and red/green peppers, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the lime juice before serving.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…