Member recipe by dinorocker
- 30ml oil
- 30ml soft brown sugar
- 700g pork fillet cubed (or thinly slice if preferred, cut off any fat)
- 5ml allspice
- 5ml thyme
- 1 large/2 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 15ml white wine vinegar
- 150g creamed coconut
- 300ml water
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green (bell) pepper, sliced (half green and half red add colour)
- juice of half lime
- 300g rice
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the sugar and heat until caramelized. Add the pork and fry until browned.
- Add the allspice and thyme, cover and simmer for ten minutes.
- Stir in the onion, garlic, white wine vinegar, coconut and water until well mixed, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Cook the rice
- add the mushrooms and red/green peppers, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the lime juice before serving.