Homemade Bread Dough Basket
Member recipe by stelladias77
- * 200 grams Bread Flour
- * 4 grams Yeast
- * 20 grams Sugar
- * 1/2 teaspoons Salt To Taste
- * 100 milliliters Water
- * 1 whole Beaten Egg, Divided
- * 20 grams Butter, Melted
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Mix 1 minute. Next add water and half of the beaten egg. Mix. Add butter and combine. Knead by hand until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- Cover the dough and let rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes. After that, punch the dough down and make a round ball and allow to rise for 10 minutes longer.
- Now take the ball and roll out with a rolling pin until you get a large square 11 x 11 inch and 1/8 thick.
- Cut the dough into strips 1/2 inch width.
- Weave your lattice design on a piece of oiled parchment paper.
- Lightly grease the top of the 7 inch diameter metal bowl (use butter or cooking spray). Now transfer the paper with the latticed dough into the metal bowl. Trim any excess dough
- Place the remaining 1/2 inch width long strips around the edge (rim) of the dough basket.
- Now place bowl on a greased baking tray and allow to rise for 35 minutes. Brush the remaining beaten egg over the basket.
- Bake at 200C for 20 minutes. Check after 15 minutes if basket is browning too quickly cover with foil.
- When basket is completely golden brown remove from oven. After cooled, remove bread basket from the bowl.Serve with butter or jam.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…