Pistachio Creme Brulee
Member recipe by kippakate1
Delicious combination of ground pistachios infused with subtle flowery undertones.
- 1/3 cup unsalted pistachio nuts, blanched and peeled
- 1 tsb rose water
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 500ml double cream
- 3 tbs raw sugar
- Blanch and peel unsalted pistachio nuts. Add 1 tablespoon of rosewater and grind in a mortar and pestle to a paste.
- Separate 5 egg yolks and blend with a third of a cup of sugar, stir until blended.
- Pour double cream into a saucepan, add the pistachio paste and simmer over a medium heat for five minutes. You can add a little more rosewater to taste, factoring in the additional sweetness of the sugar. Strain.
- add the cream to the eggs and sugar slowly, gently stirring it in.
- pour the mixture into four ramekins, filling to just below the rim
- Put the ramekins in a roasting tray with enough warm water to reach half way up the ramekins. Put in a 170c oven for about forty minutes. It's best to keep an eye on it, the edges should be firm with a bit of wobble left in the middle.
- refrigerate for at least a few hours. One of the advantages of this dish is that you can make it the day before and bring it out of the fridge at the last minute
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of sugar over each ramekin and level it evenly. Ignite the blowtorch and work it over until golden brown.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…