Quick and Tasty Chorizo Pasta
Member recipe by rgardiner99
This is a very simple dish but tastes great with grated parmesan and garlic bread. A quick store cupboard tea for those in a rush!
- Dash of olive oil
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 onion, chopped
- 20 or so thinly sliced mushrooms
- Fresh basil, chopped
- 250ml double cream
- 2 tea spoons of mild chilli power
- Black pepper
- Thinly sliced Chorizo
- 400g Tinned Tomatoes
- Enough pasta for 4 people
- Pour the oil into a large pan (a wok is the best option) and sautÃÂ© the onion, garlic and mushrooms until the onion is translucent, the garlic is cooked (but not brown) and the mushrooms are just about cooked.
- Add the chorizo and tinned tomatoes; simmer for 5 minutes
- Whilst the sauce is cooking add your pasta to very salted boiling water (the Italians say the water should be as salty as the Mediterranean Sea).
- Add chilli powder, black pepper, fresh basil a sprinkle of salt to the sauce and cook for a further 5 minutes. Stirring on a regular basis.
- Stir in the cream and cook for 5 minutes, stirring on a regular basis
- Drain the pasta once cooked and add to the sauce. Cooked on a high heat for 1 minute whilst stirring. Do not let it stick.
- Garnish with chopped basil, grated parmesan cheese and black pepper.
- Serve with garlic bread.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…