Meatballs with Tomato Sauce
Member recipe by jennyderry
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 pack 12 ready-made lamb meatballs (approx 450g)
- 4 onions, finely sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped rosemary leaves, plus extra to sprinkle
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 400g pasta, cooked, to serve
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a large frying pan. Add the meatball and cook, turning often, until browned. Remove from pan.
- Tip the onions and a pinch of salt and cook until very soft, 10-15 mins. Add the garlic and rosemary and cook for 2 mins more.
- Add the tomatoes and return meatballs to the pan. Simmer for 10 mins until the sauce has finished and the meatballs are cooked through. Season and serve with the pasta, sprinkle with rosemary.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…