Member recipe by magicman56
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 medium sized onion
- 100 grams mushrooms
- 50 grams butter
- 25 grams plain flour
- 150 ml of dry white wine
- 150 ml chicken stock
- 150 ml double cream
- sprig of thyme
- teaspoon of cumin
- pinch of nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- cut the chicken breasts into long strips about a cm wide. Then toss them into flour until fully covered.
- dice the onion and mushrooms
- heat the butter in a frying pan and cook the onions until soft.
- Add the mushrooms to the onions and cook for 3-4 minutes
- add the chicken, cook until brown all over.
- pour in the white wine and boil to burn off the alcohol. add the sprig of thyme and cumin & salt and peper to taste.
- add the chicken stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes
- remove from the heat and add the double cream, return to the heat and warm through taking care not to boil.
- serve on a bed of rice.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…