Ripe Pear Upside Down Cake
Member recipe by tinselworm
A great way of using up over ripe pears to create a nostalgic pudding.
- 4 Over Ripe Pears (we used williams)
- 4 oz Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1lb Self Raising Flour
- 10 oz Light Soft Brown Sugar
- 250ml Milk
- 1 tsp Groung Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Melt 4 oz of the sugar and 2 oz of the butter in a pan and pour into a 20cm (8inch) square cake tin. Peel and core the pears removing any bruised bits and place on top of the butter and sugar mixture.
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 (180C or 350F). In a bowl sift the flour, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl mix the eggs with the remaining sugar. Melt the remaining butter and mix this into the egg and sugar mixture along with the milk. Pour this mix into the flour and mix well. Pour or spoon the batter over the fruit and pop into the oven for between 40-50 mins.
- Once cooked tun out onto a large serving plate to allow the syrup to drip over the sides of the cake.
- Serve warm with cream or custard or eat cold the next day with a cup of tea
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…