Beetroot in Port Wine Jelly
Member recipe by patsone
- 1 packet of Port Wine Jelly - (makes 500 ml of jelly)(17fl ozs)
- 1 can of Pickled Beetroot - diced (ensure beetroot is in vinegar)
- Take one packet of Port Wine Jelly - (500ml).Empty jelly chystals into a jug and dissolve in 250ml of boiling water, stir until the jelly crystals are completely dissolved.
- 1 can of diced pickled beetroot - drained well, retain liquid - at least 250 ml -( if not add white vinegar to make up 250ml) Add this to step 1
- In a Mould or Glass Bowl arrange the diced beetroot on the bottom and carefully pour over the jelly mixture
- Place into the fridge until completely SET
- When ready to use turn the jelly out of the bowl or mould onto a plate and carefully cut into slices.
- This is a nice tasting and attractive looking relish; particularly good with cold meats and salads. Enjoy.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…